Building a good mobile website is extremely hard. It's a fine balance between amazing UI and speed. Some of the best built mobile websites are minimalistic and intuitive at same time.
Here are some of the key stats attributed to why bounce rates are so high for mobile web sites:
- 60+ mobile phones contribute to majority of mobile traffic 📱.
- 70% of users access websites over slow cell phone networks 🐢.
- An average website takes 3.6 seconds to load over phone 🕰️.
- 40% of users drop off because a page takes more than 1.2 second to load 😡.
An average mobile session lasts less around 40 seconds, with page load times accounting for ~10% of the session.
What if you had an option to get your website to load under a second 🏎️?
Siftery.com - a popular SaaS review site and WebFast.co's customers experienced a 6x boost in their page load times.
The AMP effect gave Siftery.com wins at multiple fronts.
- Google ranked AMP pages significantly higher over competitors.
- 3x increase in conversion from AMP traffic as compared to traditional SEO traffic.
- Session times were 7x longer.
- Fast load times allow users to consume 4x more content.
If you were to do one thing today to increase mobile web traffic, convert your website to AMP
WebFast (https://webfast.co) - AMPify your website 🚀.