Email marketing is one of the best customer acquisition tools that exists out there. When done correctly, it reaps huge dividends and can be used as a successful acquisition strategy. Assuming you are a B2C company, the following options should help you:
- Marketing Automation - Sell More Stuff | MailChimp:
* pretty simple and easy to setup, offers a free plan.
* nice analytics dashboard.
* difficult to setup drip campaigns
* easy to setup, free plans
* focussed on transactional emails - aka confirm registration / order / shipping confirmation etc.
- Amazon Simple Email Service
* one of the cheapest and reliable email services out there
* need to build everything from scratch aka ton of engineering support
- Gmail addon (GMass mailer)
* uses native gmail interface
* integration with google spreadsheets
* hard to scale up as it isn’t a native CRM
* Complete CRM tool for email marketing
* Might take time to get used to UI
Summing up, there are many tricks to the trade out here. And it isn’t necessarily about a single tool, but a combination of tools that can be used for the service. If you are an e-commerce store, just starting out, I would go with Marketing Automation - Sell More Stuff | MailChimp
In addition, we wrote a pretty lengthy post on Medium about email marketing - 101 User acquisition using email marketing — 101 – Samantha Jones – Medium
(WebFives.com | Make your mobile pages load under a second)